ON BEING A MOM...

life,love,journey and beyond...

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE !

It is an honor for a woman to be a mom..and I'm so grateful I am

Thursday, October 2, 2008

On being a Working Mom

As a working mom, many hours of my life are spend working, not just 8 to 9 hours a day but even more. But I always make it a point that saturdays and sundays are for my family, or if not possible, I let my son hang with me wherever i go, at least I have a chaperon (lol).

Nowadays, almost all of my friends are working Mom. I wonder if they chose to be one. As for me, I prefer to work, because I have to, but I'm not a kinda' career woman, my family is always my first priority. And if given a chance to earn a good income while staying at home I will gladly quit my job. But considering all the bills we need to pay, that tied me up to my current work. That's why I'm working so hard to find a good job here in the internet...

I've noticed that at our generations, every opportunity for a mother are widely open, i mean not just for mothers but for all the women as a whole. Have you seen a lady cab driver..Here in the philippines, A " manang " (old lady) driving a tricycle ( a three wheeled Motorbike )or even jeepney's (public Utility vehicle) are possible. and that's their job. I wonder if construction Workers are now open for women? (lol)